book review: A 30-Day Walk with God in the Psalms

(Click on the title to go directly to the Revive Our Hearts store. I'm sure you can find it other places online too, but the Revive Our Hearts is the ministry site of Nancy Leigh DeMoss and has other helpful things as well, so that's why I chose this link!)

My husband was marketing Christian products in the CBA and would bring home samples from time to time. When he brought this one home, I was thrilled. Our ladies at church were getting ready to use this book for the weekly Bible study time and I have liked what I've heard of Nancy's ministry.

For me, this devotional came at just the right time. I started the study on February 6, not knowing that later in the day I would find out that I was having a miscarriage (See "Rosebud Reflections"). At times like those, it's so important to keep our eyes on Jesus and having a guide to walk through especially that beloved book of Psalms kept me in the Word and putting one foot in front of the other.

Each lesson follows the same, progressively deeper approach to the particular psalm: observation, followed by interpretation, and then finally application. The psalm closes with the reminder to pray, not only for yourself but also for someone the Lord would lay on your heart, then a hymn text, and place to record your "take-away thought" for the day.

There's nothing fancy about this study guide, really nothing you couldn't do on your own, but sometimes when trying to decide what to do next in your Bible reading when your world is already spinning because of crisis circumstances, a pre-laid plan is exactly what you need.

It's what I needed. And now I have a record of all those things God taught me as he carried me through the past month, and I am so thankful!

Popular Posts